[TowerTalk] Concrete Cost

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Concrete Cost
From: "Wilson" <infomet@embarqmail.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Dec 2013 13:38:47 -0500

Les's cost seems over the top to me, but then he has a 2 call...

Les has about 8 yd, or around $1200 for concrete.
How they got that to $4200, I'd like to hear.

Mike's hole is about 4 yd, or $600 for concrete.
So $900 for all that digging and lugging is at least within imagination.
Two guys will do it easily in a day, so they pay $100 or so for the wagon and make $400 each, or $50/hr.
Not bad for manual labor.
But a backhoe and operator are about $75/hr and he'll do that hole in an hour, easily, so I'd look at that too.

Call the ready mix plant to find the cost of concrete. There's no telling what the contractor is adding.

I'm always optimistic, so maybe low on this, but you gotta shop around.
Bids on staining my house ran from $2000-3850 and the $2000 guys did a very good job.

There are web based sites for getting bids and generating estimates.
If you have different local costs, please post them for us all to see.

Wilson
W4BOH