[TowerTalk] G-2800SDX Rotor

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] G-2800SDX Rotor
From: ftravanty <W9JCC@wi.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2014 13:05:26 -0500
I've been having an intermittent problem with my Yaesu G-2800SDX rotor for the last few years. The position feedback pot wiper in the rotor will intermittently short to ground in about a 20 deg range of the SE quadrant of the indicator. Yaesu doesn't provide parts or service for the SDX, and they use a different pot in the G-2800DXA.

My question is: Has anyone experienced a pot problem with the SDX, and found a suitable pot replacement? Also, considering replacement with a 2800DXA. Any problem history with the G-2800DXA?

Thanks,
Frank W9JCC