Re: [TowerTalk] HexBeam question

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] HexBeam question
From: Patrick Greenlee <patrick_g@windstream.net>
Date: Sun, 23 Mar 2014 13:48:32 -0500
The K4KIO Hex Beam is offered configured for your choice of either of two sizes hardware, I asked for the larger two inch version for mine. Up/down size adapting is not difficult. More "standard" installs would probably not ask for the 2 inch size but I wanted to mount my rotor near the bottom of the movable section of my two section crank-up tower and run a thin wall galvanized torque tube up the inside of the mast to turn the Hex. This keeps the weight of the rotor at or below the guy point which is the top of the fixed tower section and keeps the rotor within reach for maintenance. Thin wall galvanized tubing used in chain link fencing is what I want to use. Fence post material is a close telescoping fit for top runner material so reinforcing the tubing in the "bending" zone near the top is easy.

73,

Patrick NJ5G