Re: [TowerTalk] Station Grounding

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Station Grounding
From: "Ray, W4BYG" <w4byg@att.net>
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2014 13:43:15 -0400
Noting one of Joe K8RI's valuable comments:

"The rigs (except amps) are/will be on a 3000 watt UPS, voltage regulated,
sine wave generator/line conditioner as soon as I replace the outlet.
(kinda pricey) I don't know if one of these could be set to regulate for the
110 on the valuable antiques."

A quality 3KVA UPS is something others may want to consider.

FYI:
Skyangel US is getting ready to surplus a lot of very good commercial grade
equipment, including about a dozen 6 year old 3 KVA Staco Unistar 3 full
time, sine wave output, UPS's, with good batteries.  They all are working
fine as they were pulled from operational service.  They also have network
cards installed for full time monitoring on a LAN.  The monitor software is
available free.

I'm doing the liquidating for them.  They have not yet set the prices but
I'm pretty sure it will be very reasonable and attractive to hams.

If you are interested, let me know off list and I'll update you ASAP.

Ray, W4BYG
w4byg at att dot net

"The Republic can survive a fool for a president...  It is less likely to
survive a multitude of fools, such as those who made him their president."