Re: [TowerTalk] Speaking of TIC ring controllers

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Speaking of TIC ring controllers
From: john@kk9a.com
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2014 15:18:03 -0400
Unfortunately there are so many variations of TIC rings and for many
styles parts are not available from TIC.  Usually the potentiometer is the
only thing damaged by lightning, but I have lost a few motors.  Carl
offers retrofit motors for obsolete styles.  The motors are pretty simple
and I have made my own repairs. I have a stock of repair parts, some parts
like gears I had to machine myself since they were not available. I use
Green Heron control boxes, they are more accurate than TIC ones and the
ramp feature is nice for larger antennas.

John KK9A