[TowerTalk] New windows versus my antenna wiring

To: TowerTalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] New windows versus my antenna wiring
From: Steve <steve65@suddenlink.net>
Date: Mon, 07 Apr 2014 09:15:01 -0400
Hi all,

I have one open wire feeder and a couple of coaxial cables coming into my basement radio shack. Many years ago I removed the glass from the top pane of a window and replaced the glass with plexiglass. I drilled the plexiglass for feed thru insulators for the open wire and holes for the coaxial cables.

I would like to replace the 5 windows on that side of the house, which includes the window with the plexiglass antenna cable entrances. The existing wooden-frame windows with a single pane of glass will be replaced with double-paned, energy efficient double-hung windows.

How do I get my antenna wires into the house after the newer windows are installed? The newer windows do not lend themselves to the plexiglass scheme in use with the existing window. I would prefer not to drill holes in the basement wall -- I want to sell this house eventually (that's one reason for replacing the windows in the first place).

One thought I had is to lower the upper half of the new window about a foot and insert a piece of plexiglass at the top of the window. Buttress the upper half of the new window up against the plexiglass. Seal as necessary with polyurethane foam insulation. One problem with that idea is that the upper section of the window can be lowered from the outside -- not very secure.

Any ideas as to how to get my open wire feeder and a few coaxial cables through the wall after the new windows are installed while not damaging the walls of the house or the new window?

Thanks.

Steve, K8JQ