Re: [TowerTalk] Saddle Clamps

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Saddle Clamps
From: "Roger (K8RI) on TT" <K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net>
Date: Tue, 08 Apr 2014 13:44:50 -0400
On 4/8/2014 10:58 AM, Stan Stockton wrote:
Thanks, John.  The clamps we are talking about have a serrated flange washer
nut, and I have never felt the need to use another washer even when I had the
thread length to accommodate one.

I know most everyone seems to want stainless steel.  However, living in
Arkansas, I have never had a problem with galvanized, certainly not having one
seize or break.  When someone wants to argue about the reasons for stainless
over galvanized, I ask them the material and finish of their tower and tower
hardware.  That usually ends the discussion.
One reason. It makes them affordable.

73

Roger (K8RI)
73...Stan, K5GO