Re: [TowerTalk] Antenna matching values

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Antenna matching values
From: john@kk9a.com
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2014 08:08:06 -0400
What does this mean: "I tuned using the gamma matches on the antennas the
best I could"  Did you have trouble obtaining a 1:1 match?  You can check
and adjust the impedance of a single antenna though coax that is a
multiple of 1/2 w.l. If the yagis are all good then there is something
wrong with your phasing system or you have some serious interaction with
something else on the tower. In the long run it will be much easier to
correct the problem than cover it up.

John KK9A