Re: [TowerTalk] Wired Anemometer for Tower?

To: "Kim Elmore" <cw_de_n5op@sbcglobal.net>, "Steve Jones" <n6sj@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Wired Anemometer for Tower?
From: "K0DAN" <k0dan@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 27 Apr 2014 15:28:17 -0500
The outdoor unit uses a small solar cell to charge a small (but several Farad) supercapacitor and a small battery. Battery replacement is easy, repair/replacement of the supercap is a little dicey, but I was able to do it so anyone could. Of course the company will repair it for you for $$$. Normally these components don't fail for 10 years or more, but failure is a possibility, especially out in the environment. But not a reason to avoid the company and the products, they're about the best non-commercial/industrial units out there.

73
dan
k0dan

-----Original Message----- From: Kim Elmore