[TowerTalk] Enough on spam, pictures, etc.

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Enough on spam, pictures, etc.
From: "George VE3YV" <ve3yv@pathcom.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2014 20:00:27 -0400
Folks - Please give the spam thing a rest: that's what the delete key, not
the send button, is for.  Let's get back to discussing the subject matter
for this reflector.  The reality of the internet and your use of it is that
it is subject to use and abuse by many people with different agendas.  They
can hijack your account, impersonate you and your friends, report which web
sites you are using to marketing companies and/or government, etc.  We all
(should) know that.  Let's not waste valuable bandwidth discussing something
so far off topic here.

Can we please re-focus posting on this reflector to what we subscribed to it
to be about? antennas, towers, baluns, rotors, matching systems, true-north
facing owls, and related

FYI - for anyone still on Windows XP, there will be no more security
patches.  That only increases the likelihood of either receiving or becoming
part of the dissemination of these kinds of things.  With computers part of
our ham experience, that means they are same responsibility and should get
the same care in our use of good practices on how we operate them.

Thanks!

73,
George VE3YV / K8HI