Re: [TowerTalk] Wired Anemometer for Tower?

To: "Roger \(K8RI\) on TT" <K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Wired Anemometer for Tower?
From: GARY HUBER <glhuber@msn.com>
Date: Fri, 2 May 2014 19:52:18 -0500
I do NOT get a percentage except by the taxes paid to the local school districts and township roads by the wind farm operators. Our local radio club was given a tour of the wind farm by their public relations manager who happened to have at least one wind generator on her own farm. She took us to that generator so that we could see it close up at the base, both inside and out. Each wind generator has its own anemometer as the generator's blades only turn within a fairly narrow wind speed range and with a more or less constant speed. The generator's blades have a prop pitch motor /sensor to maintain the constant speed within the rated wind variation as determined by the anemometer. When the wind speed exceeds the safe rating, the generator is shut down.

The zoning distance limits in our area are based on the maximum distance the blades may sling ice plus 150%...
73 & DX,
Gary - AB9M

-----Original Message----- From: Roger (K8RI) on TT