[TowerTalk] FW: 1. Ferrite, 2. Polyphasers

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] FW: 1. Ferrite, 2. Polyphasers
From: "Matt" <maflukey@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 6 May 2014 21:42:06 -0500
1. Can you clarify that you mean to wind an RF choke on the FT-240-? core
using magnet wire?  Just speculating here, but since you mention Polyphaser
in the same post...  are you wanting to create an RF choke to insert as a DC
ground shunt on your feed line?    If so, I am currently working on
designing some for my own station which may be of interest to you if that is
your intent.

2. I'm sure you will receive a lot of opinions, but mine is probably not.
Really depends on what level of protection you are trying to achieve and
what your budget is.  The configuration of the complete (protection) system
will have much more impact on its effectiveness rather than doubling up on
surge arrestors.

Matt
KM5VI