Re: [TowerTalk] BuryFlex burial

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] BuryFlex burial
From: Patrick Greenlee <patrick_g@windstream.net>
Date: Sun, 11 May 2014 13:47:43 -0500
Robert, What you have done should work fine. I have some 3 inch runs open at both ends, (Screen material over outside ones for those darned mud daubers) partly as an experiment since having been told by multiple posters here that condensation would form and get pretty deep. Every 6-9 months I run a dry rag through with the pull rope I left inside for just in case. So far so good, not a sign of moisture. This isn't exactly Arid Zona or New Mexico. We get prodigious quantities of humidity in some seasons. I had originally intended to seal both ends with a packet of desiccant inside the conduit to absorb moisture but couldn't resist "the experiment.."

Currently putting in about 600 ft of 4 inch with no drain holes. I have speculated but not experimented with a small heat source and fan to circulate warmed air through a long run to dry out moisture from condensation. I'm still waiting for moisture from condensation. Maybe this latest long run of 2 each 300 foot pieces will get condensation. Then I can either use descant, warm air or pull rope with rags. If It does require remediation I will dry it out, put in desiccant, and seal it.

73,

Patrick NJ5G