Re: [TowerTalk] Yaesu G-800sdx rotor pinout

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Yaesu G-800sdx rotor pinout
From: Pete Smith N4ZR <n4zr@contesting.com>
Date: Thu, 22 May 2014 14:45:28 -0400
Sorry, I should have been clearer. I have a G-800SA and a G-1000DXA. The controller end connectors are interchangeable, and either controller works with either rotator. Should you want to verify what you have physically, the motor pins will be only a few ohms, while the pot pins will look like, well, a pot. I'm fairly sure that the rotator-end connections have been the same since the G-1000SDX era, but it is true that the controller end connectors changed between the two series (SDX and DXA).

73, Pete N4ZR
Check out the Reverse Beacon Network at
http://reversebeacon.net,
blog at reversebeacon.blogspot.com.