[TowerTalk] Bracing, grounding

To: towertalk reflector <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Bracing, grounding
From: Mike Reublin NF4L <nf4l@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 26 May 2014 08:49:07 -0400
The base for my crank-up tilt-over 70' tower is poured in a 48" diameter 10'
deep steel culvert. My ground wires are attached to the rebar and were also
supposed to have been attached to the culvert, but were not (long sad story).
It would be very very difficult to attach them to the culvert now.

I will drive 2 or 3 rods out from each leg. Should the first one be next to the
base, or a couple of rod lengths away?

My raising scheme is a length of 4" diameter pipe embedded 3.5' in the concrete
a yard behind the tower. Two diagonal braces will run from the pipe to the
front leg mounts.

Will 2" water pipe work? Sched 40 or 80? Angle iron?

73, Mike NF4L