[TowerTalk] ProSisTel 2051d failure.

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] ProSisTel 2051d failure.
From: "William J. Nicosia" <wb2zkx@optimum.net>
Date: Sat, 31 May 2014 12:22:42 -0400

I am soliciting comments and actual experience with the PST 2051d.

My unit was installed a year ago to turn a Mosley Pro67C3, which is a heavy antenna. Its 24' 3 inch boom sports 3 elements on 40. Its dead weight is about 130 pounds. Recently, the 2051d became erratic and seemed to have turned through the South stop point. BTW I'm controlling the 2051d with a Green Heron RT-21. Anyway the rotor became less and less responsive until it no longer turned at all and just parked itself approximately at North. It does not windmill so the worm gear must be holding it in place. But it does not turn either and the RT-21 indicates an out of calibration condition. BTW the RT-21 will not turn the rotor in DEBUG either. Anybody have this experience with a PST and did it turn out to be a mechanical failure or something electrical?

                    73,

                    Bill, W2ZKX