Re: [TowerTalk] Yaesu GS-065 thrust bearing

To: George Dubovsky <n4ua.va@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Yaesu GS-065 thrust bearing
From: Charles Gallo <charlie@thegallos.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2014 13:02:37 -0400
Exactly what I'd do if I needed to rebuild a thrust bearing, unless I could get
some free torlon or vespel (haha, I'm funny, those are crazy expensive and
overkill)

Low rotation rate, shock loaded, out in the weather, where they will receive
little in the way of maintenance is the place where engineering plastics like
nylatron gsm shine. Heck, I can't see why any tower thrust bearing mfg would do
anything else except to market to folks who say "ball bearings have to be
better than PLASTIC"

--
73 de KG2V
Charlie