To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] TowerTalk Digest, Vol 138, Issue 18
From: "James Wolf" <jbwolf@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 8 Jun 2014 12:45:24 -0400
I used a rooftop base with concrete base beneath it.  The base is the size
suggested for a buried base.   There are a number of advantages to this
approach.
- You don't have to worry about moisture in the tower legs below the
surface.
- You can clean out the weep holes at the base in the roof mount.
- It gives you the freedom to put a different size tower on the same base if
you want to.

Put stainless threaded rod in the cement, to run through the roof mounting
holes to keep the base from sliding.
A pier pin would be good as well.

Jim - KR9U