[TowerTalk] Quads vs WX

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Quads vs WX
From: foxbw@comcast.net
Date: Sat, 21 Jun 2014 15:09:00 +0000 (UTC)
It just goes to show, YMMV.  I spent two winters in Goose Bay, Labrador while
in the Air Force.  At our MARS station (VO2HA) we had a two element tri-band
quad on one 40 foot tower and a three element tri-band Yagi on another 40
footer about 100 feet apart.  If memory serves, the quad most often
out-performed the Yagi.  It also weathered (pun intended) the brutal Labrador
winters, as did the Yagi.  Cannot remember the brand of either, but I do
remember the S-Line at the other end of the coax ;>)
Barry - W1HFN