[TowerTalk] W3CRA Terrain Profile Available

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] W3CRA Terrain Profile Available
From: "Paul Christensen" <w9ac@arrl.net>
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2014 14:23:18 -0400
I have made available my W3CRA terrain profile.  These use 1 arc-degree SRTM
files with data filling.  A big thanks goes to Steve, W3AHL for directing me to
these files.   I zoomed in on Google Earth, found Frank's antenna with broken
director still up in the air and zoomed-in on the tower base for the most
accurate LAT/LON I could get.  It was easy to find the exact base since at the
time the image was taken, a shadow from the tower was cast to the northeast.

The file is in a .ZIP file format and available for download through my QRZ.com
page at:

http://www.qrz.com/db/W9AC

The file contains all terrain radials, spaced every five degrees azimuth out to
14400 ft. distance.  You will need HFTA to open the .PRO files after unzipping.
 A copy is included with recent editions of the ARRL Antenna Book.  The hard
part is done.  From here, you will find HFTA easy to use.

I will leave the file up for a few days only.

Paul, W9AC