Re: [TowerTalk] Polyphaser failure mode

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Polyphaser failure mode
From: Pete Smith N4ZR <n4zr@contesting.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2014 15:11:26 -0400
I was aware of that, Jim, it was the stays shorted part that had me wondering. As it turns out, I had a flashover in an N-to-PL-259 connection at one end of my hardline. Spent some quality time out there with sandpaper, Scotch 2242 and Super 88, and everything is fine now. Thanks everyone who responded.

73, Pete N4ZR
Check out the Reverse Beacon Network at
http://reversebeacon.net,
blog at reversebeacon.blogspot.com.