Re: [TowerTalk] How do bldg inspectors handle screw in earth anchors?

To: "Richard (Rick) Karlquist" <richard@karlquist.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] How do bldg inspectors handle screw in earth anchors?
From: Mickey Baker <fishflorida@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2014 20:38:46 -0400
As always,  it depends. Some inspectors are more thorough than others, some
municipalities have more or less stringent standards.
These type anchors are commonly used as tie downs for manufactured
buildings... like mobile homes. Typically there's a site inspection when
the structure is delivered, and the tie downs are part of the package. At
that time,  they may be measured or manufacturer's tags inspected and
recorded.

After the structure is placed and the tie downs affixed,  they're inspected
at the attach point. The inspector has the option to have one dug up if he
suspects funny business, but I've never seen it happen.

Contractors can get into big trouble for submitting bogus tie down
installations for inspection,  not to mention liability issues.

I have a family member who owns several trailer parks, and I've seen this
process repeated many times. If you have a licensed contractor do it, you
are likely to have no problem.

73,

Mickey N4MB