[TowerTalk] Fwd: Fwd: 80 meter dipole

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Fwd: Fwd: 80 meter dipole
From: Hans Hammarquist via TowerTalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2014 01:41:38 -0400 (EDT)
Another way to increase the bandwidth of a dipole is to run a wire next to it,
slightly shorter than the dipole. (if I now remember it right). Due to coupling
between the dipole and the wire you get a "double dip" in the SWR curve with
resulting wider coverage. It might be a close by rain gutter as Dave, K1TTT
said. It will not necessary lead to higher losses though.

Hans - N2JFS