Re: [TowerTalk] HG70HD Lift Cable Replacement Knoxville TN

To: <bob@farkaly.com>, "Towertalk" <TowerTalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] HG70HD Lift Cable Replacement Knoxville TN
From: "Don " <w7wll@arrl.net>
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2014 12:04:37 -0700
Bob,

Assume you mean both cables. It is not a hard job and I'm about to do set number 3 on my HG70-HD at age 78 (Galvanized cable doesn't last long here on the OR coast). A good cable rigging company can properly fabricate the cables, should be some in Knoxville area who do this kind of work for the construction companies. By the way I also replaced the regular steel pins in the pulleys with SS ones and used SS cotters. A local machine shop cut them from stock, drilled the holes and chamfered the pin ends for just a few bucks.

Don W7WLL

-----Original Message----- From: Bob Farkaly