[TowerTalk] 40 Meter Short 2-Element Beam Recommendations

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] 40 Meter Short 2-Element Beam Recommendations
From: "L L bahr " <pulsarxp@embarqmail.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2014 17:00:58 -0400 (EDT)
I just wanted to thank all members who read my request for information on which
antenna to buy and answered my request.  I appreciated the help very much.
Based on all the comments, I'm leaning towards buying a Cushcraft XM240 and
then modify it with a Moxon modification as a few of you suggested.  The
antenna seems like a good buy and the Moxon mod would get rid of my fear of
breakdown voltages when using Legal Limit AM as there would no longer be any
coiled loading inductors in the design.

I just joined this group yesterday after deciding I wanted to buy a short 2
element 40 meter beam and not knowing which one to purchase.  I'm glad I
joined.  It appears there is a lot of talent within this group.  Interestingly,
 I wrote the same type request on a couple AM reflectors and got zero response.
It's obvious to me now this is a good place to go when you want to discuss any
topic regarding antennas.

Lee, w0vt
Houston, Texas