Re: [TowerTalk] Recommendations for an electric foldover winch?

To: Patrick Greenlee <patrick_g@windstream.net>, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Recommendations for an electric foldover winch?
From: "Richard (Rick) Karlquist" <richard@karlquist.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2014 14:13:45 -0700
On 7/31/2014 1:11 PM, Patrick Greenlee wrote:
My variable speed corded 1/2 inch Milwaukee drill achieves right angle
and gear reduction with an included accessory.  It can be "throttled"
way back with the variable speed trigger.

Patrick NJ5G

I used one of those for several years with my
KW3000.  What happens when you throttle the speed
back is that the little cooling fans inside don't
work very well and the drill gets very hot and
loses power.  The drill was still able to wear
out the KW3000...shortly before the drill itself expired,
probably from my abuse.

Rick N6Rk