Re: [TowerTalk] Smiling....

To: r miles <greenacres113@charter.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Smiling....
From: Big Don <bigdon39@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Aug 2014 11:42:36 -0700
We have used 1960-issue Army combat boots, size-10, successfully on our
Rohn 25 for 40 years.  Suspect they are narrower than the $400 Whizz-Bang
super-comfortable types, but they fit on the tower OK, barely, and for our
limited use - one tower, typically few hours a year - they have been quite
adequate. Recognizing that discomfort is something you don't need more of
on the tower, in our current state of geriatric decrepancy, things like
weight of tools, weight of helmet, restriction of harness straps are much
more of a discomfort than those boots. One note -- the raw ends of the R25
tower bracing, that extend beyond the welds to the side tubes on the bottom
rung of each tower section, are not all the same length - the really short
ones can gouge the boot upper - our left boot has a small hole (not a
problem) from years of rubbing on those......
Don N7EF