[TowerTalk] Push Up Towers

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Push Up Towers
From: Marko L Myllymaki <marko.l.myllymaki@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2014 23:01:58 -0700
I have had very good experiences with Spiderbeam masts.  I have two such 33
ft Spiderbeam heavy duty masts in ZD8 at our annual field day QTH in
Oct-Nov each holding A3S yagi.  I have also had one such exact setup on my
backyard for a year now.  You can have small rotor like smallest Yaesu 450
or 800 at the bottom turning entire mast.  Good workout to push it up but
once it is up it will stay if guyed right with good Dacron.  I use
Spiderbeam tripods (actually quadpod) to build and support entire system
while working on it (rotor, mast, antenna) and then get 4 helpers to do
push up (one for each guy and 2 at the base one with good muscles).  Taking
down is easier and I have done it by myself several times, although it is
probably pushing it.
73 de Marko N5ZO / ZD8O

What are you putting on the top of it?  Permanent install or
temporary/portable?

Ordinary thin wall pipe comes in 24' lengths (check a fence installation
place).  Not sure what is so special about the other options?

Chris
KF7P