Re: [TowerTalk] ....Connecting to foil shield of CATV hardline

To: towertalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] ....Connecting to foil shield of CATV hardline
From: Steve Maki <lists@oakcom.org>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2014 16:47:55 -0400
If it has a *foil* shield, it's not hardline. If it has *only* foil and no braid at all, I wouldn't use it - too fragile. But in general, the easiest way to terminate CATV flexible coax is with an F connector or 75 ohm N connector, and then an adapter to get to the connector series that you want.

If it really is CATV hardline, you can get an F connector or pin connector, both of which needs a coring tool or a little ingenuity, or use a DIY method, also requiring a little ingenuity. The archives should have lot's of discussion over the years about this very topic.

-Steve K8LX