[TowerTalk] Fwd: Guy anchors in shallow soil

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Fwd: Guy anchors in shallow soil
From: Hans Hammarquist via TowerTalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Date: Sun, 31 Aug 2014 09:59:39 -0400 (EDT)
If it is bedrock, you are better off digging down to it and drill for a anchor
directly into the rock. Just be aware that "bedrock" sometimes can be a large
rock that will move when you put some load on it (happened to me. A "friend"
ensured me that I had "bedrock" at one spot and could "safely" attach the guy
wire to it. Well it was a 100# rock.)

I am using screw anchor for my guy wire and they are (4 of them) drilled in all
the way. Wouldn't trust anything else.

Good luck and best 73 de,

Hans - N2JFS