Re: [TowerTalk] Guy anchors in shallow soil

To: "'Richard \(Rick\) Karlquist'" <richard@karlquist.com>, "'Linux Mercedes'" <linuxmercedes@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Guy anchors in shallow soil
From: "Palmer C Byrne" <w7nmd@twinlakes-ar.us>
Date: Mon, 1 Sep 2014 12:24:13 -0500
Hi Rick,

The driver bit is a 1 1/8 hex bit Bosch #HS2172. Any of the Bosh or similar
hammers that use the 1 1/8" Hex bits will work. This is  used in an impact
hammer, not a rotary hammer. The Bosch BH 2770 VCD is the hammer we used and
is available at most tool rental yards for about $20 for 4 hours.  The tool
is heavy about 60 lbs and it is a two man task. The anchors  are the 8"
arrowhead type. They come with a 48'' galv steel cable attached. The part
number is SKU: 8MI-12CA48kit4W/ODR for the four anchor package. However they
are available in single units with different length cables if desired. Call
MILSPEC they are very easy to deal with and they can answer any questions as
to the type of soil you have.

Palmer W7NMD