[TowerTalk] G-2800DXA lightning damage

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] G-2800DXA lightning damage
From: "Jim Thomson" <jim.thom@telus.net>
Date: Mon, 8 Sep 2014 02:08:52 -0700
Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2014 18:08:16 -0400
From: "Edward Sawyer" SawyerEd@Earthlink.net>
To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] G-2800DXA lightning damage

To my knowledge, Yaesu does not repair the rotor or the control box. They
will sell you the control box but its not cheap AT ALL! They will also sell
the stand alone rotor without the control box.

##  So the real fix is to buy the yaesu G-2800DXA...sans yaesur control
box..... and also buy
the GH control box instead.  Problem solved.

I believe you can also  buy the m2   OR-2800  rotor... sans control box.   Same
deal, buy the GH box instead.

I have the GH version  for my small K7NV  PP...and it works superb.   Simple
point and shoot.   Still has the usual
ramp up  + down features etc.

Jim  VE7RF