Re: [TowerTalk] Nicked with lawn mower

To: <TowerTalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Nicked with lawn mower
From: "John Hudson" <jd_hudson@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 13 Sep 2014 14:52:37 -0500
There is a silicone type kit that you can buy or homebrew. I got some stuff
from a telephone repairman once and it's a plastic 2 piece rig that snaps
over/around a connection or repair and it flooded with some silicone type
substance. I believe I've seen it at one of the big box stores (??) but I
cut my cable feed when trenching for cables to the tower and I reinstalled
the coax and used a barrel connector but slide a piece of PVC flooded with
silicone caulking, I guess-t-mated 6" on either side and it's been under
ground for 4 years now, so far it's ok!

Goood luck

John
KO4XJ