Re: [TowerTalk] Verticals?

To: William Osborne <wosborne44@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Verticals?
From: n8de@thepoint.net
Date: Sun, 14 Sep 2014 13:17:57 -0400
Sure do.

Have three Universal aluminum towers that I insulate at the base using fiberglass inserts. I use them as a phased directional array on 80m. Each tower is 60' tall with a piece of aluminum tubing extend from the top to make it resonant where I prefer to operate.

Just remember to drill some 'weep holes' to allow any trapped moisture to drain from the bottom of the tower legs.
You can see two of them on qrz.com

Good luck!
Don
N8DE

Quoting William Osborne <wosborne44@gmail.com>:

Hi All,

I have a Heights tower I would like to feed as an insulated base vertical on
80 and maybe 160. Does anyone have experience insulating the base of these
aluminum towers?  Also, can you extend the height and guy them, mine is 56
feet tall which is a little short for what I have in mind.

Thanks,

William Osborne, K5ZQ

 <mailto:Wosborne44@gmail.com> Wosborne44@gmail.com

270-205-9565