[TowerTalk] Need Replacement Leg for Glen Martin Tower

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Need Replacement Leg for Glen Martin Tower
From: Don Eddy <dleddy@aya.yale.edu>
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2014 11:12:57 -0500
Friend, Neighbor and fellow Ham Paul, K0LIB had an unfortunate accident. When contractor came to dig hole for the erection of his 100' Glen Martin tower, he used a chain and his backhoe to shift the assembled tower laying on the ground over about 10'. In doing so, one leg of the lower section of the tower was bent; slightly, but enough to prevent it being used. In searching for a replacement, only China had correct steel shaped piece, but terribly expensive + freight (and my son says don't trust Chinese steel). Glen Martin said they would look in their yard,
but not hopeful.

So the question is: Does anyone anywhere have replacement laying around for the bent leg. Paul's drawings do not include the lowest 10' section, so don't know what the part number is, but following is Paul's best description: One leg section 118 inches long, galvanized with 7 half inch holes at the bottom. Outside dimension of 4 3/4 ". The tower is a MS Series Self Supporting Tower. The drawing I don't have is for the section MS-1100.
Please reply to Don Eddy or Paul Rauch email prauch6595@aol.com.
--
AA5DE, Don
D. L. (Don) Eddy