Re: [TowerTalk] Subject: 4:1 balun questions KT-34XA

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Subject: 4:1 balun questions KT-34XA
From: "Paul " <radioboy@telus.net>
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2014 09:48:16 -0700
HI Earl,

Thank you for your help, appreciate it. I have Sevick's book and have read
thru it several times..I just couldn't figure out if splitting it to 2 cores
changed the winding count. I have pretty much found that I can get a flat
response with my 2" Arnold MPP type cores, 125u from 1Mhz - 45MHz, with 7
turns per half, it just gets hot when running 500W carrier thru it. I don't
know what is "normal" allowable heating...maybe I'll try a stock W2AU to see
how hot it gets under the same conditions, into 50ohms tho of course.

You gave me an idea though, to stack 2 cores instead of splitting into 2. I
don't know which method would be better though...

Thank you

Paul