To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] TowerTalk Digest, Vol 143, Issue 10
From: "Larry Stowell" <lclarks@nc.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2014 07:02:47 -0500

Bill.
I had one of the first four element steppir and they originally
used a section of PVC pipe with two and caps and a slot in the bottom
part of the two. The original stepper motors had pigtails and you terminated
all of these wires into two nylon terminal strips and connected the matching
wires from the control cable these wires and terminal strip were placed inside
the PVC pipe. The pipe was attached to the boom via a stainless strap clamp.
Didn't move the ends and made sure the slot was facing down. The antenna
was up almost 7 years(until lightning got it) they sent a little supply of
dielectric grease and the connections were good when the antenna came down.
I used a variation of this method at the base of a 50 foot tower for the rotor line.
I had the splice new cable and I simply took a short length of PVC and one
cap mounted it with the cap up and strapped it to the leg of the tower and
put the splice up in the tube and that was out there for several years
with no problems. Depending on the size of the connectors will determine
the diameter of the PVC pipe.

73
Larry K1ZW

Message: 1