Re: [TowerTalk] Take off angle of yagi vs a wire antenna at about 30'

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Take off angle of yagi vs a wire antenna at about 30'
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Thu, 06 Nov 2014 07:47:43 -0800
On Thu,11/6/2014 5:26 AM, David Gallatin via TowerTalk wrote:
But then a thought occurred to me. Might the take off angles of the wire
antenna be different enough as to be beneficial for transmitting on those bands
and hitting different spots of the globe that the Mosley is skipping over?

There are several pdf files on my website of the slides for talks I've done as part of the Antenna Forum at Pacificon that address exactly the sort of issues you are facing. k9yc.com/publish.htm Start with this one http://k9yc.com/VertOrHorizontal-Slides.pdf

Then study the one about putting a vertical on a roof.

73, Jim K9YC