Re: [TowerTalk] Cordless solder irons

To: "'Towertalk'" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Cordless solder irons
From: "Ian White" <gm3sek@ifwtech.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2014 09:39:26 -0000
THIS is a much more serious butane-fueled solder gun, with a chunky
copper tip that stores the heat well. There is a built-in igniter but
the heating element is catalytic so there is no naked flame after the
initial ignition/warmup sequence. The heating element is fully enclosed
within the barrel so it's pretty much windproof, and the tip can also be
removed for direct use as a hot-gas gun.

<http://www.pro-iroda.com/pro180.htm>

It still won't solder a PL259 body outdoors in winter, but the answer to
that one is simple - don't even try. Use either a crimp or a
compression-sleeve type.

73 from Ian GM3SEK