Re: [TowerTalk] Rotor swap query

To: John McCormick <n0fcd@yahoo.com>, "towertalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Rotor swap query
From: Mike Rhodes <weightdn@roadrunner.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2014 08:52:56 -0500
John,
I doubt you will be able to lift the array. Hopefully the weight of the array is not all on the rotor. If that is the case, I would take a muffler or boom clamp the size of the mast and attach it securely right above the thrust bearing. That should hold the mast stationary. However, it will be able to rotate in the wind so you may need to do something about that too. If all the weight is on the rotor, you will probably have to use another clamp and come-along to take the weight off the rotor first. Good luck.

Mike / W8DN