Re: [TowerTalk] Is there a good 1:1 Balun for a Beam

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Is there a good 1:1 Balun for a Beam
From: Richard Thorne <rthorne@rthorne.net>
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2014 09:14:33 -0600
I have used both the F12 balun and the balun designs balun. No problems with either at 1.5Kw.

Rich - N5ZC

On 11/26/2014 8:25 AM, Herbert Schoenbohm wrote:

Having ready all the problems with various baluns that rate from junk to near junk I have been using the coiled cable to feed most antennas that require a balanced feed. I would like to hear what is the best available for a reaonable cost and design for a beam feed. Your views would be appreciated. I have used the BN-86 for years but in fears of failure due to rumors that I have heard, I have move it over to a 40 meter sloper.

Herb Schoenbohm, KV4FZ