Re: [TowerTalk] JK Navassa-5

To: "Joe Subich, W4TV" <lists@subich.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] JK Navassa-5
From: Ken Garg <w3jk@arrl.net>
Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2014 14:30:16 -0500
Joe,
All data is available at 50ft, 100ft etc. There is not much significant
difference thats smoke and mirrors. The reason to show 100ft was taking into
account an average ham shack with a coax run. Do you think there will be a
significant difference in swr between 100ft and 50ft? Ot do you think that our
coax has so much loss that we don’t see swr? Not sure of your point.  If
measured swr at the feed point is 1.28:1, then the measured swr at 100ft will
be approx 1.2:1 using RG213 as a coax.
The goal was to show a freespace design vs actual measured for the average ham
on a simple page. If someone needs more details, they can always ask in an
email through the website.

Thanks,
Ken

On Nov 27, 2014, at 2:12 PM, Joe Subich, W4TV <lists@subich.com> wrote:

> The swr curves for this antenna assembled out of the box at 36ft is
> presented here .. http://jkantennas.com/navassa-5-data.html

If the antenna is at 36 feet, why are you using 100 feet of coax for
the measurement?  Why not use 50 feet or calibrate out the losses and
present true "at the antenna" measurements?

73,

  ... Joe, W4TV