Re: [TowerTalk] Running feed line and rotor cable together?

To: "john@kk9a.com" <john@kk9a.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Running feed line and rotor cable together?
From: Mickey Baker <fishflorida@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Dec 2014 10:37:05 -0500
Panduit UV cable ties will last for years in the south Florida sun.  In
critical situations, I wrap them with a couple of turns of 3M Super 88
tape. This is a 10 year+ solution as long as tension doesn't overstress the
TieWrap.

I know a few places where big industrial Ty wraps held telephone cable to
the supporting strand for 10 years - but it wasn't engineered that way. It
was a short term repair that wasn't noted for rehabilitation.

On Wednesday, December 24, 2014, john@kk9a.com <john@kk9a.com> wrote:

> What brands have you tried? I have had very few failures at my home in
> sunny Aruba and in North Carolina using Panduit cable ties. You get what
> you pay for! A couple of years ago I purchased a pack of cable ties at
> Home Depot for a temporary antenna and many of those ties broke in my hand
> while pulling them tight. The ones that stayed on started falling off a
> short time later.
>
> John KK9A
>

> To:     towertalk <towertalk@contesting.com <javascript:;>>
> Subject:        [TowerTalk] Running feed line and rotor cable together?
> From:   Chuck Smallhouse <w7cs@theriver.com <javascript:;>>
> Date:   Tue, 23 Dec 2014 16:24:57 -0700
>
> For various reasons I wouldn't use "UV Proof" (resistant) cable ties, as
> I've never found any that were, for any length of time !

Mickey Baker, N4MB
Fort Lauderdale, FL
*“Tell me, and I will listen. Show me, and I will understand. Involve me,
and I will learn.” *Teton Lakota, American Indian Saying.