To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] TowerTalk Digest, Vol 144, Issue 61
From: "James Wolf" <jbwolf@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 27 Dec 2014 16:53:49 -0500
David,

The best location for lightning arrestors is at the ground window that
enters your home.  This should be a well-grounded plate where all RF coax
and control cables have lightening protection devices.  Ground the coax
shield at the bottom of the tower with the tower ground and let the
lightning rods take care of most of the energy there and let the lighting
arrestors at the ground window take care of the rest at the entrance.

Jim - KR9U

Hello all,Somehow I have gotten the idea that one's lightning arrestors are
best placed at the bottom of the tower. This seems logical to me. Then I
came across another piece that said, no, arrestors are to be placed at the
shack entrance panel. Which is it? Or does it matter???73, David, AA9G

ex W5DCG and KC9EEV