Re: [TowerTalk] Tuner SWR won't stay down

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Tuner SWR won't stay down
From: "Roger (K8RI) on TT" <K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net>
Date: Sat, 03 Jan 2015 03:18:28 -0500
On 1/1/2015 11:30 PM, K0DAN wrote:
Has same behavior on dummy load?

Try getting rid of all coax switches, surge suppressors, anything in the RF path to antenna, then swap out jumper cables & connectors. I am thinking cable/connector issues in the RF path. It's possible the issues are not even located very near the tuner.

He says it works in the bypass mode. That would indicate it's in the tuner, I believ he's bypassed the internal switches. But, particularly the antenna is a low impedance, the tuner would have the antenna seeing more power than with out, But it apparently worked on a different tuner,

I'd be suspicious of all connections (including solder joints), plus switch contacts in a used tuner. It could also be a cold solder joint. Or a wrong connection. An unwanted ground?

73

Roger (K8RI)

A puzzler for sure.

GL 73