Re: [TowerTalk] Fwd: Now THIS is a tower climb!

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Fwd: Now THIS is a tower climb!
From: "Roger (K8RI) on TT" <K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net>
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2015 17:15:58 -0500
There already are, very bright LED strobes in use on aircraft. All the exterior lights on mine were solid state, except for the landing light. There are LEDs that could have replaced that, but I never saw any that had been approved. I don't know at how low a temperature they will still function, but I flew in temperatures a lot colder than most towers would see.

I would think the new LED strobes would be ideal for towers and replacements would be few and far between.

73

Roger (K8RI)