Re: [TowerTalk] RF Ground is not a Myth

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] RF Ground is not a Myth
From: Jim Lux <jimlux@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2015 11:21:35 -0800
On 1/22/15 10:28 AM, Mike Reublin NF4L wrote:
I think the confusion exists because we insist on calling too many things
"ground". To me, ground is earth. In electrical circuits (AC,DC,RF) there is
return. I doubt the world is gonna adapt my view.

This is why the electrical code (in the U.S.) is gradually moving away from the term "ground", "grounding", etc, to the term "bonding" and "bonding conductor", because it's the fact that it's a reliable low impedance (at 60 Hz) connection.