Re: [TowerTalk] Lightning protection - length of grounding rodsruns from

Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Lightning protection - length of grounding rodsruns from tower?
From: Ray Benny <rayn6vr@cableone.net>
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2015 23:24:16 -0700
Thanks to all who made comments.

My take away is to use more shorter ground rod runs from the tower, say 30
- 40 ft, than a smaller number of longer runs.

I will see how many 30 ft radial runs I can make using 8 ft ground rods
while keeping 16 ft separation between the rods. Guess I could pull out a
drawing compass and scale the radials lengths, then measure between the 16
ft points. Boy, this make me old! Haven't done this in ages, especially on
paper...

Ray,
N6VR