[TowerTalk] HDBX

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] HDBX
From: Tom Mandera <tsm1@tmcom.com>
Date: Sun, 01 Feb 2015 13:11:51 -0700
I put up a used HDBX-40 in 2010.

This picture
http://www.tmcom.com/~tsm1/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=86140
http://www.tmcom.com/~tsm1/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=86146

Shows the some of the correct factory legs.

They are a stamped sheet-metal unit, roughly in the form of an "L" with the "foot" at the bottom.

At the top, it is stamped to match the tower legs and overlaps.

I opted to suspend the first section of tower over the hole and guy it, then had the concrete poured.

I climbed and used a gin pole to stack the tower to 40', but when it came time to put the Sommer DJ2UT XP708 on top, I hired a crane.

(Rotator is ground mounted and the antennas are mounted to the 40+' mast to remove the "rivet tearing" tendency with a long-boom antenna - the used PST has since been replaced with a new PST2051)

-Tom KE7VUX

Message: 4