[TowerTalk] Fwd: Fwd: Antenna to Shack Ground Connection

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Fwd: Fwd: Antenna to Shack Ground Connection
From: Hans Hammarquist via TowerTalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Date: Sun, 1 Feb 2015 20:44:30 -0500
Brian,

Yes, you are right all the shield of the feed-lines are connected (or should be
connected) tween the tower and the shack ground. The risk of getting the
shields fused (burned off) is reduced with a separate grounding wire between
the tower and the shack. Large enough your shack might even survive a direct
hit.

Again, the ground wire should be run close to the feed lines in order to
minimize induced current from near strikes.

Hans - N2JFS